There is a meme going around about goals. I first read about it at Liz's Successful Blog. Apparently it started with Alex Shalman's project which was inspired by Aaron Potts' interactive research project called Simply Successful Secrets. I think both of these are pretty cool memes. It has been fun reading other people's responses. I was not officially tagged on this, but I decided to share my goals anyway. So here is my Gotta Get Goals post:
- Change the world... one thought at a time.
- Be known as someone who has a contagious positive attitude and is deeply connected with her essential spirit
- Be able to travel when and where I want
- Have enough money to buy the things I want and to help others reach their goals
- Laugh everyday
- Help as many people as possible connect with their essential spirit to reach their fullest potential for health, happiness, and success
- Conduct workshops and seminars around the world
- Maintain (and create new) strong, healthy, and mutually supportive relationships
- Have a hugely successful (financially, emotionally, and spiritually) business doing what I love - writing, speaking, teaching about soul psychology and connecting with your essential spirit.
- Always follow my soul path as it is revealed to me one step at a time.
- Be here now (borrowed from the title of a Ram Dass book)
The last goal sort of supersedes all the others. I believe that goals are important and give us something to work toward; however, I also know the importance of living in the now. For me this is the key to a wonderfully successful life. I recently lost track of this and was not living in the present. I was so focused on creating success in my business that I was actually getting in my own way. I was holding on so tight to what I thought needed to happen that I was not allowing natural growth (which often happens in ways that are different than we are able to see). I have since come back to what is important - being in the moment and letting go of the desire to control the outcome.
If you are reading this and you have not yet been tagged, consider yourself tagged. I encourage you to dream big with your goals, let your imagination run wild AND then come back to living in the moment. It is in the present moment that we can connect with the inspiration that will lead us to our goals. In the present moment we can hear the whispers from our soul that guide us along our path. I encourage you to make "be here now" one of your goals as well.